PDP accuses Omar of levelling false allegations, seeks apology
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday sought an apology from Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for levelling what it alleged false allegations against the party for boycotting the Assembly Session.
"The minimum that the Chief Minister in his capacity as Leader of the House is expected to do is to offer an unconditional apology for the blatantly false accusations he has made against members of the PDP Legislature Party.
"This alone can atone for his serious violation of Parliamentary practices," PDP senior vice president Iftikhar Hussain Ansari told reporters here.
For quite some time, the PDP had been raising its voice against the systematic "denigration and devaluation" of democratic institutions in the state, he said.
When the Union Home Minister summarily dismissed the possibility of the return of Afzal Guru`s mortal remains to his family as the Assembly was discussing the matter on an adjournment motion moved by the party, the Chief Minister had failed to respond to this, Ansari said.
"The PDP could not watch this without registering a protest and protest it by boycotting rest of the session of the Legislature which is an established Parliamentary practice to highlight a certain position or stress a point," he said.
"Instead of feeling embarrassed to see vacant opposition benches, he (Omar), in fact, enjoyed the scenario which would have shamed any other democratically-elected government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?