PDP accuses Omar of levelling false allegations, seeks apology
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday sought an apology from Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for levelling what it alleged false allegations against the party for boycotting the Assembly Session.
"The minimum that the Chief Minister in his capacity as Leader of the House is expected to do is to offer an unconditional apology for the blatantly false accusations he has made against members of the PDP Legislature Party.
"This alone can atone for his serious violation of Parliamentary practices," PDP senior vice president Iftikhar Hussain Ansari told reporters here.
For quite some time, the PDP had been raising its voice against the systematic "denigration and devaluation" of democratic institutions in the state, he said.
When the Union Home Minister summarily dismissed the possibility of the return of Afzal Guru`s mortal remains to his family as the Assembly was discussing the matter on an adjournment motion moved by the party, the Chief Minister had failed to respond to this, Ansari said.
"The PDP could not watch this without registering a protest and protest it by boycotting rest of the session of the Legislature which is an established Parliamentary practice to highlight a certain position or stress a point," he said.
"Instead of feeling embarrassed to see vacant opposition benches, he (Omar), in fact, enjoyed the scenario which would have shamed any other democratically-elected government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof