PDP condemns Hyderabad twin blasts
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Friday condemned the twin blasts in Hyderabad and saying while the perpetrators should be brought to justice, there should be no witch hunting.
"While everybody looks forward to the results of the investigation and severe punishment to the perpetrators of this crime, it is important not to go witch hunting as has been the case on many such occasions previously," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said in a statement here.
She said victimisation of the members of a particular community in the blasts that took place at Mecca Masjid, Ajmer Sharief, Malegaon and Samjhauta Express had resulted in a large number of Muslim youths being framed on charges that proved completely fabricated and false.
"Nobody should be harassed for their religious affiliation," Mehbooba said.
She conveyed her condolences to the families of the dead and prayed for speedy recovery of the injured persons.
Two powerful Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), kept in aluminium containers fastened to bicycles, had exploded in bustling Dilsukhnagar area of Hyderabad last evening, killing 16 people and injuring over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow