PDP condemns Hyderabad twin blasts
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Friday condemned the twin blasts in Hyderabad and saying while the perpetrators should be brought to justice, there should be no witch hunting.
"While everybody looks forward to the results of the investigation and severe punishment to the perpetrators of this crime, it is important not to go witch hunting as has been the case on many such occasions previously," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said in a statement here.
She said victimisation of the members of a particular community in the blasts that took place at Mecca Masjid, Ajmer Sharief, Malegaon and Samjhauta Express had resulted in a large number of Muslim youths being framed on charges that proved completely fabricated and false.
"Nobody should be harassed for their religious affiliation," Mehbooba said.
She conveyed her condolences to the families of the dead and prayed for speedy recovery of the injured persons.
Two powerful Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), kept in aluminium containers fastened to bicycles, had exploded in bustling Dilsukhnagar area of Hyderabad last evening, killing 16 people and injuring over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...