PDP condemns killing of two cops by militants
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Saturday condemned the killing of two policemen in the heart of Srinagar city, saying violence in any form will not solve problems.
"Violence in any form would not solve any problem. We are deeply shocked over the incident," Mehbooba told reporters here.
The PDP leader also expressed concern over the "sharp increase" in targeted attacks on police in the recent months.
"It is regrettable that the present dispensation has totally failed to protect the human lives," she said.
Mehbooba expressed her solidarity with the families of two slain cops Mohammad Maqbool and Nazir Ahmad.
Militants struck in the heart of the summer capital of the state, shooting two policemen dead from point blank range.
The ultras, using silencer-fitted pistols, carried out the attack at busy Hari Singh High Street near Jehangir Chowk here this afternoon, resulting in critical injuries to Head constable Maqbool and constable Ahmad.
A 16-year-old girl, identified as Ishrat of Ganderbal, was also injured in the attack as she was hit by a bullet in the arm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH