PDP condemns killing of two persons in Pulwama
Srinagar: Strongly condemning the killing of
two persons including a worker of ruling National Conference,
Opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Sunday said violence and
bloodshed is no solution to any issue.
"PDP strongly condemns killing of two persons in Pulwama
district by unidentified gunmen and want to reiterate that
violence and bloodshed is no solution to any issue. In fact,
it has only made the problem more complex," a spokesman of the
party said in a statement here.
NC worker Mohammad Iqbal Dar and another civilian Nazir
Ahmad Chopan were killed by suspected militants at Awantipora
and Kadipora in Pulwama district. While throat-slit body of
Dar was recovered from Awantipora yesterday, Chopan was shot
dead inside his house on Friday night.
"PDP disapproves of all kinds of violence and expect the
society also to reject any violence," he said.
Asserting that violence and political instability in the
state had caused deep scars and resulted in countless
tragedies, the spokesman said the violence and bloodshed has
to be denounce by one and all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you