PDP demands probe into murder of civilian in Poonch
Jammu: Expressing anguish over the murder of
a youth in Mendhar tehsil of Poonch district on Friday,
Opposition People Democratic Party today demanded a thorough
probe into the matter.
"Mohammed Najeem Hussain`s murder in Dharana under
mysterious circumstances on Friday is gruesome. We demand a
thorough probe into the cold blooded murder and want the
guilty to be punished," senior leader of PDP and MLA Mendhar
Sardar Rafiq Hussain Khan said in a statement today.
Najeem (20), a driver, reportedly went to a water
filling point of the Army in Mendhar, but did not return. His
body was later found in the nearby forest at around 2125 hours
The death triggered protests, as locals alleged security
forces of killing him and disposing the body in the forest
area. Later, district administration ordered probe into it.
A case has now been registered against two jawans of
Khan said that he has already talked to the
Superintendent of Police Poonch in this regard and the matter
was also brought to the notice of the concerned Army
He said that both police and Army officers have assured
that proper investigation would be done and culprits would not
be spared at any cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi