PDP for more train frequency between south, north Kashmir
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday demanded increase in the frequency and capacity of train connecting south Kashmir with north to cater to the "growing needs" of people.
"The train had become extremely popular inter-district mode of transport. But now it was becoming very difficult for commuters to find a space on it. There is need for increasing the frequency and capacity of the train between Qazigund (in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district) and Baramulla (in north Kashmir)," PDP General Secretary Mohammad Dilawar Mir said.
He said there have been many demonstrations in south Kashmir as people have found trains passing through these places "packed to capacity and unable to accommodate more passengers".
It is important that the Railways add more coaches to the existing trains as a short term measure to resolve the problem. But, as a long term measure, more trains will have to be introduced and their frequency increased to cater to growing needs, he said.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?