PDP for SAC`s independent investigation wing
Jammu: The PDP on Thursday said the State
Accountability Commission, the highest anti-corruption body in
Jammu and Kashmir, should have its independent investigation
"SAC should be provided with its own independent probe
wing so that corruption cases can be investigated independent
of government interference in Jammu and Kashmir," PDP patron
Mufti Mohammed Sayeed said at a public meeting here.
Officers of proved merit and integrity be appointed in
this investigation wing, he said, adding that there was a
pressing need for strengthening institutions of SAC and
Mufti said one of the ways could be transferring the
administrative control of the Vigilance Organisation to SAC so
that it could remain free of political influence.
He said his government had established the SAC in 2003
with the objective of curbing corruption in high places.
"The institution was equivalent to the proposed Lokpal
and brought even the Chief Minister under its purview. Though
it had started well but, unfortunately, the present government
had made it completely defunct for more than two years and in
the process the commission suffered a credibility crisis,"
This has resulted in complete breakdown of accountability
and administrative scrutiny in government departments, he
said, adding that corrupt elements in politics and
administration are having a field day in absence of any curbs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla