PDP for withdrawal of FIRs against 5,000 youths
Jammu: PDP on Tuesday warned the Jammu and Kashmir
government to withdraw cases registered against 5,000 youths
for stone pelting during the 2010 summer unrest in Srinagar or
else the party would launch an agitation.
"We will agitate in every nook and corner of Kashmir if
the government did not withdraw the FIRs against the youths,"
PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti said in the state Assembly.
The Leader of the Opposition in JK Assembly said, "These
youths are very young and you (the JK government) are playing
with their career of these youth...teenagers were lodged in
jails for stone-pelting and about 5,000 FIRs are still pending
in various police stations."
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah informed the
Legislative Assembly that 5,786 people were arrested under
substantive and preventive laws during the last two years in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...