PDP for withdrawal of FIRs against 5,000 youths
Jammu: PDP on Tuesday warned the Jammu and Kashmir
government to withdraw cases registered against 5,000 youths
for stone pelting during the 2010 summer unrest in Srinagar or
else the party would launch an agitation.
"We will agitate in every nook and corner of Kashmir if
the government did not withdraw the FIRs against the youths,"
PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti said in the state Assembly.
The Leader of the Opposition in JK Assembly said, "These
youths are very young and you (the JK government) are playing
with their career of these youth...teenagers were lodged in
jails for stone-pelting and about 5,000 FIRs are still pending
in various police stations."
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah informed the
Legislative Assembly that 5,786 people were arrested under
substantive and preventive laws during the last two years in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information