PDP holds protest in J&K Assembly over imposition of curfew
Jammu: The Opposition People`s Democratic Party (PDP) on Friday protested in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly over imposition of curfew and demanded reply from the government.
Expressing concerns over the situation in Kashmir Valley, PDP MLA Abdul Rehman Veeri stood up along with other members of the party, as the House assembled this morning and raised slogans demanding a reply from the government.
Blaming the Omar Abdullah-government for its failure to control the situation, Veeri alleged that the government has turned the Valley into a prison by resorting to curfews and chain of arrests.
"What was the need for imposing curfew in Valley -- the Chief Minister was himself triggering disturbances by his statements and then ruling the state through the barrel of the gun", he said.
Independent MLA, Engineer Abdul Rashid, also joined the protests and trooped into the Well of the House, raising slogans against the government.
Demanding a discussion, he went on protesting even as the Question Hour continued.
When Speaker Mubarak Gul allowed members to speak on the issue, Veeri and Rashid spoke, but the government did not reply.
Later on talking to reporters, Rashid said that the government has imposed curfew in every village taking the help of the Army and the CRPF.
"If Kashmiris are your own people then why have you imposed curfew?" he wondered adding, political measures and not curfew, was the solution to the Valley`s problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?