PDP holds protest march against fuel price hike
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir`s main Opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Friday continued their protest against hike in petrol prices and demanded its immediate rollback.
The Jammu unit of the party today took out a protest march in the city, raising slogans against the Congress-led UPA government.
Protesters led by party state secretary Fallail Singh, and district president, R K Bali, demanded from the government to rollback petrol prices, keeping in view the already high prices of other commodities.
"We demand an immediate rollback of the petrol prices. The hike is totally unjust and needs to be revoked," Fallail Singh said.
The party blamed the UPA government for the unprecedented hike.
"UPA government is entirely responsible for this hike, it is because of their wrong policies that people of this country are suffering," he said.
Earlier, the party`s Jammu unit vice-president Vikram Singh had held a protest against the increase in fuel prices yesterday and had asked the government to reconsider its decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!