PDP holds protest march against fuel price hike
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir`s main Opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Friday continued their protest against hike in petrol prices and demanded its immediate rollback.
The Jammu unit of the party today took out a protest march in the city, raising slogans against the Congress-led UPA government.
Protesters led by party state secretary Fallail Singh, and district president, R K Bali, demanded from the government to rollback petrol prices, keeping in view the already high prices of other commodities.
"We demand an immediate rollback of the petrol prices. The hike is totally unjust and needs to be revoked," Fallail Singh said.
The party blamed the UPA government for the unprecedented hike.
"UPA government is entirely responsible for this hike, it is because of their wrong policies that people of this country are suffering," he said.
Earlier, the party`s Jammu unit vice-president Vikram Singh had held a protest against the increase in fuel prices yesterday and had asked the government to reconsider its decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?