PDP holds protest march against fuel price hike
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir`s main Opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Friday continued their protest against hike in petrol prices and demanded its immediate rollback.
The Jammu unit of the party today took out a protest march in the city, raising slogans against the Congress-led UPA government.
Protesters led by party state secretary Fallail Singh, and district president, R K Bali, demanded from the government to rollback petrol prices, keeping in view the already high prices of other commodities.
"We demand an immediate rollback of the petrol prices. The hike is totally unjust and needs to be revoked," Fallail Singh said.
The party blamed the UPA government for the unprecedented hike.
"UPA government is entirely responsible for this hike, it is because of their wrong policies that people of this country are suffering," he said.
Earlier, the party`s Jammu unit vice-president Vikram Singh had held a protest against the increase in fuel prices yesterday and had asked the government to reconsider its decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA