PDP irked by NC`s response for J&K`s unique status
Jammu: Hitting out at PDP for its criticism, ruling National Conference has said its strong response to the voices being raised by some right wing parties against unique status of Jammu and Kashmir has irked the opposition party.
"The strong response of National Conference to the voices being raised by some right wing parties against unique status of Jammu and Kashmir has irked PDP to such an extent that it has started describing the concerns as sloganeering," NC leader Devender Singh Rana said here last evening.
Rana, NC Provincial President, was chairing a meeting of his party`s district (Jammu) at Sher-e-Kashmir Bhavan.
The meeting discussed the developmental initiatives taken by the government headed by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in the district and urged for expediting ongoing projects.
Describing the tirade unleashed by People`s Democratic Party against NC as a sign of frustration, Rana said Omar`s stand on issues pertaining to the state has unnerved the party, forcing its leaders to indulge in rhetoric and gimmicks.
He said his party does not believe in double speak and warned political opportunists to stop testing the patience of the people by undermining their aspirations and hobnobbing with elements inimical to interests of the state for petty political gains.
Rana exhorted NC workers to gear up for general elections scheduled next year and exuded confidence that the "party of the masses" will establish its credentials in a big way.
Omar had on Sunday hit out at BJP leader L K Advani`s statement on abrogation of Article 370 that grants special status to the state, and said the period before any Lok Sabha elections is the only time BJP rakes up the issue.
"Article 370 is a convenient horse to be flogged just before elections and then to be conveniently forgotten when coalitions have to be sewn together. The fact of the matter is that the BJP made no effort to revoke Article 370 in the period when they were in power between 1998-2004."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"