PDP is number one enemy of the people of J&K: NC
Jammu: The ruling National Conference (NC) on Sunday termed the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as "enemy number one" of the People of Jammu and Kashmir for the highest degree of corruption during its rule as J&K became number two corrupt state after Bihar.
"The PDP party is the enemy number one of the people of the state", additional general secretary National Conference Mustafa Kamaal alleged addressing a public meeting in Mansar area of Samba district.
"Their brief period of less than three years in power from 2000 got only misrule of the worst kind, corruption taking the state to number two position after Bihar in the country", Kamaal asserted.
"Sex scandal, forest scam, Amarnath land row and weakening of the democratic institution are some of the hallmarks of the PDP government", he claimed.
Kamaal called upon his party workers to gear up and mobilise their cadre base to spread the policy and programme of the National Conference and highlight the achievements of the Omar Abdullah-led coalition government.
"It is the need of the hour now to close ranks and thwart attempts of our detractors to harm us", he said.
The NC has been at the forefront in espousing the cause of the people and has worked for their emancipation with success, he added.
Kamaal re-affirmed the National Conference`s commitment for greater autonomy and Indo-Pak peace and friendship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal