PDP lashes out at J&K govt on corruption
Jammu: Opposition People`s Democratic Party (PDP) on lashed out at the Omar Abdullah government for "institutionalising corruption" and "virtually legalising" it.
"During the last five years, corruption has been institutionalised in the state because the present dispensation has brazenly eroded exisiting anti-graft institutions by making them virtually redundant," former Chief Minister and PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said, addressing a public meeting in Udhampur district.
"National Conference-led government has earned the dubious distinciton of making Jammu and Kashmir as most corrupt state in the country," he said. "Under the present regime, corruption has reached a new high and has been virtually legalised."
Claiming that corruption had become a way of life in the state, he said lack of transparency in governance was the root cause of this and observed that except giving statements, the government had failed to take any measures to fight the menace.
Referring to the Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) scam Mufti said the government not only appointed a tainted official as its head but also gave him other favours violating all norms.
Ridiculing the state government for indulging in foundation stone-laying spree instead of completing already sanctioned works, the PDP patron said it was only to fool the masses.
"Instead of carving out a path of development and growth, this government has been working on the roadmap prepared by the previous PDP regime," he said, and sought support for his party`s candidates Arshad Malik and Yash Pal Sharma contesting Lok Sabha elections from Udhampur-Doda and Jammu-Poonch respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read