PDP leader Abdul Zargar passes away
Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir minister and PDP leader Abdul Aziz Zargar died on Tuesday after prolonged illness.
He was 87.
Zargar breathed his last at his Jammu residence this morning, a PDP spokesman said, adding that he had been ailing for some time.
Zargar was a member of the constituent Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir in 1951 and served as Agriculture Minister in the Mir Qasim government in 1972.
Later, he held the same portfolio in the PDP-Congress coalition government from 2002 to 2008.
His body will be brought to the Valley later in the afternoon and taken to his native Manzgam village in south Kashmir`s Kulgam district for last rites.
He is survived by his wife, four sons and three daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police