PDP leader Abdul Zargar passes away
Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir minister and PDP leader Abdul Aziz Zargar died on Tuesday after prolonged illness.
He was 87.
Zargar breathed his last at his Jammu residence this morning, a PDP spokesman said, adding that he had been ailing for some time.
Zargar was a member of the constituent Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir in 1951 and served as Agriculture Minister in the Mir Qasim government in 1972.
Later, he held the same portfolio in the PDP-Congress coalition government from 2002 to 2008.
His body will be brought to the Valley later in the afternoon and taken to his native Manzgam village in south Kashmir`s Kulgam district for last rites.
He is survived by his wife, four sons and three daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire