PDP leader Abdul Zargar passes away
Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir minister and PDP leader Abdul Aziz Zargar died on Tuesday after prolonged illness.
He was 87.
Zargar breathed his last at his Jammu residence this morning, a PDP spokesman said, adding that he had been ailing for some time.
Zargar was a member of the constituent Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir in 1951 and served as Agriculture Minister in the Mir Qasim government in 1972.
Later, he held the same portfolio in the PDP-Congress coalition government from 2002 to 2008.
His body will be brought to the Valley later in the afternoon and taken to his native Manzgam village in south Kashmir`s Kulgam district for last rites.
He is survived by his wife, four sons and three daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves