PDP leader Abdul Zargar passes away
Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir minister and PDP leader Abdul Aziz Zargar died on Tuesday after prolonged illness.
He was 87.
Zargar breathed his last at his Jammu residence this morning, a PDP spokesman said, adding that he had been ailing for some time.
Zargar was a member of the constituent Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir in 1951 and served as Agriculture Minister in the Mir Qasim government in 1972.
Later, he held the same portfolio in the PDP-Congress coalition government from 2002 to 2008.
His body will be brought to the Valley later in the afternoon and taken to his native Manzgam village in south Kashmir`s Kulgam district for last rites.
He is survived by his wife, four sons and three daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days