PDP leader Abdul Zargar passes away
Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir minister and PDP leader Abdul Aziz Zargar died on Tuesday after prolonged illness.
He was 87.
Zargar breathed his last at his Jammu residence this morning, a PDP spokesman said, adding that he had been ailing for some time.
Zargar was a member of the constituent Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir in 1951 and served as Agriculture Minister in the Mir Qasim government in 1972.
Later, he held the same portfolio in the PDP-Congress coalition government from 2002 to 2008.
His body will be brought to the Valley later in the afternoon and taken to his native Manzgam village in south Kashmir`s Kulgam district for last rites.
He is survived by his wife, four sons and three daughters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic