PDP MLA accuses NC of diverting Central funds to Jammu
Srinagar: A PDP MLA today accused the NC-led
government in the state of diverting a major chunk of central
funds meant for the tourism sector to Jammu region and saw a
pattern in the move to deprive the Kashmir valley of its due.
"Not a single penny has been provided to Kashmir out of
Rs 50 crore released by the Centre for development of heritage
tourism", PDP MLA Peerzada Mansoor Hussain said addressing a
convention of party workers at Chaklipora in Anantnag
district, 65 kms from here.
He alleged that the entire money released under heritage
development is being spent on Mubarak Mandi in Jammu and not a
single penny has been given to Kashmir.
"There seems to be a pattern in disempowering Kashmiris,
both politically and economically by hitting out at the
crucial economic sectors including tourism, horticulture and
handicrafts", he said.
"Even Kargil has been deprived of the funds and the money
has been shifted to Leh," Mansoor said.
Mansoor said after usurping major chunk of the
allocations under the industries, road communication, urban
infrastructure and other crucial sectors, Jammu is now getting
preferential treatment in the allocation of funds even in
tourism and horticulture sectors, which are crucial to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him