PDP presses govt for starting Poonch-Rajouri rail link project
Jammu: Slamming Omar Abdullah government for not being able to convince the Railway Ministry to start work on Rajouri-Poonch rail link, PDP on Sunday threatened to launch a mass movement to force the government to start work on it.
Asserting that the rail link was a must to boost economic condition of the residents in the two border districts, PDP MLC Yash Pal Sharma said the NC-led coalition government had failed to impress this fact on the Centre.
"Omar-led coalition is total failure to convince the Railway Ministry to start work on Rajouri-Poonch rail link. PDP will launch a mass movement to force the government to start work on this project," he said in a statement here.
Stating that the rail link had been shelved by the Railway Ministry without any reason, Sharma observed that project would bring more tourists, and generate income for the local people. He also noted that there wouldn`t be much tunnelling to be done on the track.
Sharma said people of Poonch and Rajouri have been demanding a rail link for a long time and further delay would not be tolerated.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader