PDP presses govt for starting Poonch-Rajouri rail link project
Jammu: Slamming Omar Abdullah government for not being able to convince the Railway Ministry to start work on Rajouri-Poonch rail link, PDP on Sunday threatened to launch a mass movement to force the government to start work on it.
Asserting that the rail link was a must to boost economic condition of the residents in the two border districts, PDP MLC Yash Pal Sharma said the NC-led coalition government had failed to impress this fact on the Centre.
"Omar-led coalition is total failure to convince the Railway Ministry to start work on Rajouri-Poonch rail link. PDP will launch a mass movement to force the government to start work on this project," he said in a statement here.
Stating that the rail link had been shelved by the Railway Ministry without any reason, Sharma observed that project would bring more tourists, and generate income for the local people. He also noted that there wouldn`t be much tunnelling to be done on the track.
Sharma said people of Poonch and Rajouri have been demanding a rail link for a long time and further delay would not be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player