PDP presses govt for starting Poonch-Rajouri rail link project
Jammu: Slamming Omar Abdullah government for not being able to convince the Railway Ministry to start work on Rajouri-Poonch rail link, PDP on Sunday threatened to launch a mass movement to force the government to start work on it.
Asserting that the rail link was a must to boost economic condition of the residents in the two border districts, PDP MLC Yash Pal Sharma said the NC-led coalition government had failed to impress this fact on the Centre.
"Omar-led coalition is total failure to convince the Railway Ministry to start work on Rajouri-Poonch rail link. PDP will launch a mass movement to force the government to start work on this project," he said in a statement here.
Stating that the rail link had been shelved by the Railway Ministry without any reason, Sharma observed that project would bring more tourists, and generate income for the local people. He also noted that there wouldn`t be much tunnelling to be done on the track.
Sharma said people of Poonch and Rajouri have been demanding a rail link for a long time and further delay would not be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir