PDP protests against power cuts in Jammu
Jammu: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday staged a protest against the state government for alleged the chronic power outages in the district.
Despite the extreme cold conditions, Jammu was being deperived of required power supply making life miserable for people, PDP district chief Vikram Singh said.
Over 100 PDP activists held protest demonstration in front of Power Development Department (PDD) office at Parade in the city.
Singh asked PDD officials to improve the power supply to the district. "Failing which, we would be forced to take out a march to PDD minister`s residence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today