PDP questions timing of militant attack in J&K
Srinagar: Condemning the militant attacks in Jammu region, Peoples Democratic Party on Thursday said the attackers have put the statesmanship qualities of prime ministers of both the nations to a test and continuation of talks will be the best response to such elements.
"The attackers had put the statesmanship qualities of the two prime ministers to a severe test, but continuation of talks will be the best response to elements that have made sabotaging of peace process their mission," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
He said that the attack "seemed deliberately timed" to sabotage the scheduled meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharief.
"Though the attack looks deliberately timed to sabotage the scheduled meeting between prime ministers of India and Pakistan, it is a matter of relief that Singh is going ahead with this important engagement," Mufti said.
He was addressing a convention of party office bearers of Kashmir province.
The former chief minister said it was heartening to see that the two leaders were not be provoked to cancel the meeting.
He expressed hope that the talks will send a strong message to everybody that the peace process would be revived irrespective of such grave incidents and would not be allowed to become a hostage to events triggered by "hawkish and inimical forces".
The PDP leader said whatever the motive of the attackers and their masterminds would be, its brunt is ultimately borne by the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!