PDP questions timing of militant attack in J&K
Srinagar: Condemning the militant attacks in Jammu region, Peoples Democratic Party on Thursday said the attackers have put the statesmanship qualities of prime ministers of both the nations to a test and continuation of talks will be the best response to such elements.
"The attackers had put the statesmanship qualities of the two prime ministers to a severe test, but continuation of talks will be the best response to elements that have made sabotaging of peace process their mission," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
He said that the attack "seemed deliberately timed" to sabotage the scheduled meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharief.
"Though the attack looks deliberately timed to sabotage the scheduled meeting between prime ministers of India and Pakistan, it is a matter of relief that Singh is going ahead with this important engagement," Mufti said.
He was addressing a convention of party office bearers of Kashmir province.
The former chief minister said it was heartening to see that the two leaders were not be provoked to cancel the meeting.
He expressed hope that the talks will send a strong message to everybody that the peace process would be revived irrespective of such grave incidents and would not be allowed to become a hostage to events triggered by "hawkish and inimical forces".
The PDP leader said whatever the motive of the attackers and their masterminds would be, its brunt is ultimately borne by the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Greg Clarke succeeds Greg Dyke as English FA chairman
- Punjab Elementary Teacher Training examination results declared; Check educationrecruitmentboard.com
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes
- Rahul Gandhi defamation case: Congress hits back at RSS, says why didn't Sangh file defamation case against others