PDP to formulate comprehensive policy for youths: Mufti
Srinagar: The Opposition Peoples Democratic Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday said it would formulate a comprehensive and exclusive policy to address issues relating to youths of the state.
Interacting with a group of youths here, PDP patriarch Mufti Mohammad Sayeed asked them to participate in the ongoing movement of his party to establish a new system of justice and equality in the state.
"The PDP will formulate a comprehensive and exclusive policy to address issues relating to youths of the state.
"The PDP leadership will organise interactions with the youths at every district headquarters before formulating the policy," Sayeed said.
"The PDP is the only party in J&K that has formulated a separate youth development policy for the overall welfare and betterment of the youths.
"We will also accommodate wishes and aspirations of the youths of all regions and sub-regions of the state by holding district-level interactions," he said.
Three party MPs -- Mehbooba Mufti, Muzaffar Hussain Beigh and Tariq Hamid Karra -- and others would participate in these interactions to make the youth policy more comprehensive and focused, the PDP patron said.
"The PDP has devised a sustainable strategy to support the young people in developing their potential, to improve their living conditions and give them greater responsibilities in political decision-making processes," Sayeed said.
Sayeed said the youths of the state had huge potential and it was imperative to channelise their potential.
He said the PDP was aware of the problems of unemployed youths and would try its utmost to address their grievances.
The former Chief Minister alleged the NC-led coalition was pursuing wrong policies and this had led to desperation among the youths.
"Instead of formulating a pro-youth policy, the current dispensation is brazenly trying to befool youths by making false promises," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users