PDP to meet kin of youth killed in police custody
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) Tuesday said that its entire legislature party will visit the Sopore town in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district to express condolence with the family of the youth killed in
police custody on Sunday.
The decision to visit Sopore was taken an at emergency
meeting of the PDP legislators summoned by party president
Mehbooba Mufti, a party spokesman said.
"Our aim is to express our condolences to the bereaved
family and people of Sopore who have been at the receiving end
of the unidentified gunmen again," the spokesman said.
PDP has 21 MLAs and three MLCs in the state
Mehboooba had summoned the legislators meeting to
discuss the prevailing human right situation in Kashmir
following the death of Nazim Rashid in police custody.
The PDP president was placed under house arrest
yesterday by District Magistrate Srinagar following her two
attempts to visit Sopore town.
While the main gate to her Fairview residence was
locked out by police on Sunday, she was forcibly removed from
TRC crossing and put under house arrest yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city