PDP to meet kin of youth killed in police custody
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) Tuesday said that its entire legislature party will visit the Sopore town in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district to express condolence with the family of the youth killed in
police custody on Sunday.
The decision to visit Sopore was taken an at emergency
meeting of the PDP legislators summoned by party president
Mehbooba Mufti, a party spokesman said.
"Our aim is to express our condolences to the bereaved
family and people of Sopore who have been at the receiving end
of the unidentified gunmen again," the spokesman said.
PDP has 21 MLAs and three MLCs in the state
Mehboooba had summoned the legislators meeting to
discuss the prevailing human right situation in Kashmir
following the death of Nazim Rashid in police custody.
The PDP president was placed under house arrest
yesterday by District Magistrate Srinagar following her two
attempts to visit Sopore town.
While the main gate to her Fairview residence was
locked out by police on Sunday, she was forcibly removed from
TRC crossing and put under house arrest yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price