PDP trying to derail peace process in J&K, alleges NC
Jammu: National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday alleged that opposition PDP was desperately trying to "foment trouble" in the state to "sabotage" the peace.
State minister for industries and commerce, S S Slathia, attacked the PDP saying, "we castigate opposition PDP for exploiting the sentiments of innocent people on regional and religious basis to satiate their petty interests."
The minister was addressing a public gathering in Vijaypur area of Samba district.
"PDP was now desperately trying to foment trouble, on one pretext or the other, to sabotage the prevailing peace in the state, which has brought cheer on the faces of turmoil ravaged people," he said.
Due to concerted efforts of the Omar-led coalition government, a discernible improvement has come in the security situation after over 20 years of unrest, Slathia said.
The minister claimed with the return of peace, a record number of 1.22 crore tourists visited the state. Those who visited included over one crore Vaishno Devi pilgrims, 6.20 lakh Amarnath yatris, 13.14 lakh tourists to Kashmir Valley and 1.80 lakh tourists to Ladakh.
The overall situation in the state has brought a turnaround in the economic activities and the common people are yearning for permanent peace to prevail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days