PDP trying to derail peace process in J&K, alleges NC
Jammu: National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday alleged that opposition PDP was desperately trying to "foment trouble" in the state to "sabotage" the peace.
State minister for industries and commerce, S S Slathia, attacked the PDP saying, "we castigate opposition PDP for exploiting the sentiments of innocent people on regional and religious basis to satiate their petty interests."
The minister was addressing a public gathering in Vijaypur area of Samba district.
"PDP was now desperately trying to foment trouble, on one pretext or the other, to sabotage the prevailing peace in the state, which has brought cheer on the faces of turmoil ravaged people," he said.
Due to concerted efforts of the Omar-led coalition government, a discernible improvement has come in the security situation after over 20 years of unrest, Slathia said.
The minister claimed with the return of peace, a record number of 1.22 crore tourists visited the state. Those who visited included over one crore Vaishno Devi pilgrims, 6.20 lakh Amarnath yatris, 13.14 lakh tourists to Kashmir Valley and 1.80 lakh tourists to Ladakh.
The overall situation in the state has brought a turnaround in the economic activities and the common people are yearning for permanent peace to prevail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31