PDP trying to derail peace process in J&K, alleges NC
Jammu: National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday alleged that opposition PDP was desperately trying to "foment trouble" in the state to "sabotage" the peace.
State minister for industries and commerce, S S Slathia, attacked the PDP saying, "we castigate opposition PDP for exploiting the sentiments of innocent people on regional and religious basis to satiate their petty interests."
The minister was addressing a public gathering in Vijaypur area of Samba district.
"PDP was now desperately trying to foment trouble, on one pretext or the other, to sabotage the prevailing peace in the state, which has brought cheer on the faces of turmoil ravaged people," he said.
Due to concerted efforts of the Omar-led coalition government, a discernible improvement has come in the security situation after over 20 years of unrest, Slathia said.
The minister claimed with the return of peace, a record number of 1.22 crore tourists visited the state. Those who visited included over one crore Vaishno Devi pilgrims, 6.20 lakh Amarnath yatris, 13.14 lakh tourists to Kashmir Valley and 1.80 lakh tourists to Ladakh.
The overall situation in the state has brought a turnaround in the economic activities and the common people are yearning for permanent peace to prevail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`