PDP welcomes SAC notice to Omar, advisors
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday welcomed the State Accountability Commission notice to the state government over according of ministerial status to political advisors of the chief minister
and heads of various corporations and boards.
"It is a welcome step that SAC has taken note of it and we hope that it is taken to logical conclusion," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said.
The SAC had yesterday issued notice to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and other government boards asking them to explain under what rules they had conferred ministerial status to various politicians, who were drawing salaries and perks of
ministers though not legally entitled to it.
SAC issued notices to them to appear in person or through authorised representatives for filing their replies before it on March 5.
Mehbooba alleged that the state had seen the worst form of governance in the past three years.
"This government has been identified with crime, corruption and lawlessness," she said, referring to various controversies that have surrounded the NC-Congress coalition government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal