PDP welcomes SAC notice to Omar, advisors
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday welcomed the State Accountability Commission notice to the state government over according of ministerial status to political advisors of the chief minister
and heads of various corporations and boards.
"It is a welcome step that SAC has taken note of it and we hope that it is taken to logical conclusion," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said.
The SAC had yesterday issued notice to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and other government boards asking them to explain under what rules they had conferred ministerial status to various politicians, who were drawing salaries and perks of
ministers though not legally entitled to it.
SAC issued notices to them to appear in person or through authorised representatives for filing their replies before it on March 5.
Mehbooba alleged that the state had seen the worst form of governance in the past three years.
"This government has been identified with crime, corruption and lawlessness," she said, referring to various controversies that have surrounded the NC-Congress coalition government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London