PDP welcomes SAC notice to Omar, advisors
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday welcomed the State Accountability Commission notice to the state government over according of ministerial status to political advisors of the chief minister
and heads of various corporations and boards.
"It is a welcome step that SAC has taken note of it and we hope that it is taken to logical conclusion," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said.
The SAC had yesterday issued notice to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and other government boards asking them to explain under what rules they had conferred ministerial status to various politicians, who were drawing salaries and perks of
ministers though not legally entitled to it.
SAC issued notices to them to appear in person or through authorised representatives for filing their replies before it on March 5.
Mehbooba alleged that the state had seen the worst form of governance in the past three years.
"This government has been identified with crime, corruption and lawlessness," she said, referring to various controversies that have surrounded the NC-Congress coalition government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta