`PDP will not allow J&K resolution to get derail`
Jammu: Opposition People`s Democratic
Party (PDP) on Sunday claimed that it would not allow the peace
process, that it started in Jammu and Kashmir, to get
"I will not allow the process of peace, progress and
the resolution of J-Kashmir, which we have started, to
get derailed," former Chief Minister and PDP patron Mufti
Mohammad Sayeed told a public rally in Jammu.
He said: "Whatever steps we had initiated for
restoring peace, successive regimes at Delhi had endorsed our
"I request the people of the country, Prime Minister
and Opposition to help the people of J&K come out of an
environment of uncertainty," he said.
He accused state government of derailing the process
of development in the state.
The image of a democratic India gets tarnished if
human rights` groups are not allowed to visit Kashmir, he
said, apparently referring to the J&K government`s decision of
not allowing rights activists including Gautam Navlakha to
enter the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi