`PDP will not allow J&K resolution to get derail`
Jammu: Opposition People`s Democratic
Party (PDP) on Sunday claimed that it would not allow the peace
process, that it started in Jammu and Kashmir, to get
"I will not allow the process of peace, progress and
the resolution of J-Kashmir, which we have started, to
get derailed," former Chief Minister and PDP patron Mufti
Mohammad Sayeed told a public rally in Jammu.
He said: "Whatever steps we had initiated for
restoring peace, successive regimes at Delhi had endorsed our
"I request the people of the country, Prime Minister
and Opposition to help the people of J&K come out of an
environment of uncertainty," he said.
He accused state government of derailing the process
of development in the state.
The image of a democratic India gets tarnished if
human rights` groups are not allowed to visit Kashmir, he
said, apparently referring to the J&K government`s decision of
not allowing rights activists including Gautam Navlakha to
enter the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter