`PDP will not allow J&K resolution to get derail`
Jammu: Opposition People`s Democratic
Party (PDP) on Sunday claimed that it would not allow the peace
process, that it started in Jammu and Kashmir, to get
"I will not allow the process of peace, progress and
the resolution of J-Kashmir, which we have started, to
get derailed," former Chief Minister and PDP patron Mufti
Mohammad Sayeed told a public rally in Jammu.
He said: "Whatever steps we had initiated for
restoring peace, successive regimes at Delhi had endorsed our
"I request the people of the country, Prime Minister
and Opposition to help the people of J&K come out of an
environment of uncertainty," he said.
He accused state government of derailing the process
of development in the state.
The image of a democratic India gets tarnished if
human rights` groups are not allowed to visit Kashmir, he
said, apparently referring to the J&K government`s decision of
not allowing rights activists including Gautam Navlakha to
enter the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again