PDP youth wing protests against diesel price hike, cap on LPG
Jammu: The youth wing of PDP Wednesday staged a demonstration to oppose the Centre`s decision to restrict the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinders, hike the diesel price and permit FDI in retail sector.
Led by party`s district vice-president Vikram Singh, hundreds of youth activists sat on a dharna at Kachi Chawani area and demanded an immediate rollback on all three decisions of the Union government.
During the protest, the PDP activists raised slogans against the UPA government.
"We demand resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the anti-people reforms," Singh told reporters.
"We strongly condemn the UPA for framing wrong economic policies which are aimed to have an adverse impact on the people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa