PDP youth wing protests against diesel price hike, cap on LPG
Jammu: The youth wing of PDP Wednesday staged a demonstration to oppose the Centre`s decision to restrict the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinders, hike the diesel price and permit FDI in retail sector.
Led by party`s district vice-president Vikram Singh, hundreds of youth activists sat on a dharna at Kachi Chawani area and demanded an immediate rollback on all three decisions of the Union government.
During the protest, the PDP activists raised slogans against the UPA government.
"We demand resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the anti-people reforms," Singh told reporters.
"We strongly condemn the UPA for framing wrong economic policies which are aimed to have an adverse impact on the people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday