PDP youth wing protests against diesel price hike, cap on LPG
Jammu: The youth wing of PDP Wednesday staged a demonstration to oppose the Centre`s decision to restrict the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinders, hike the diesel price and permit FDI in retail sector.
Led by party`s district vice-president Vikram Singh, hundreds of youth activists sat on a dharna at Kachi Chawani area and demanded an immediate rollback on all three decisions of the Union government.
During the protest, the PDP activists raised slogans against the UPA government.
"We demand resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the anti-people reforms," Singh told reporters.
"We strongly condemn the UPA for framing wrong economic policies which are aimed to have an adverse impact on the people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister