PDP`s Mehbooba Mufti blames Abdullah for youth unemployment
Srinagar: People`s Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti has criticized the Omar Abdullah-led National Conference-Congress Government for taking away job opportunities from the youth and reinstating old people.
Interacting with media persons here, Mufti said Abdullah is giving extension to old people instead of recruiting youth.
"It is a government of scandal, there is no accountability because the head of the government has lost moral authority, and imagine a head of a government, who is a young person recruiting dead wood, all the old people who were at home, he has got them back, given them two to three years extension at the cost of youth," said Mufti.
"They want to bring such people into the system who can conduct wrong doings for them, and of course, the Congress is fully responsible for this. They can`t escape responsibility, as it is a collective responsibility," she said.
Mufti recently announced plans to contest elections from Anantnag constituency from the state in the upcoming 2014 general elections.
General elections will take place in May next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 247 as rescuers desperately search for survivors
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor