PDP`s message to spread peace, tranquility in J&K: Mufti
Jammu: Exhorting its activists to work for strengthening secular fabric in Jammu and Kashmir, the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Monday said the biggest message of the party was to spread "peace, amity and tranquility" in the region.
"The biggest message of this party was to spread peace, amity and tranquility in this region. PDP has not only strengthened relations among different regions and sub-regions of the state but also facilitated peace in the sub-continent," former chief minister and PDP patron, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed told reporters here.
He said his party has pioneered a political and economic agenda to establish sustainable peace in the sub-continent.
"Establishing lasting peace and to consolidate the reconciliation process is PDP`s top agenda," he said, adding, that the party would continue its effort to normalise relations with Pakistan.
He also claimed that it was the result of PDP`s reconciliatory policies that there was complete peace and normalcy on the border from Kathua to Kargil during its regime and regretted the present government`s failure to carry forward that peace agenda in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued