PDP`s message to spread peace, tranquility in J&K: Mufti
Jammu: Exhorting its activists to work for strengthening secular fabric in Jammu and Kashmir, the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Monday said the biggest message of the party was to spread "peace, amity and tranquility" in the region.
"The biggest message of this party was to spread peace, amity and tranquility in this region. PDP has not only strengthened relations among different regions and sub-regions of the state but also facilitated peace in the sub-continent," former chief minister and PDP patron, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed told reporters here.
He said his party has pioneered a political and economic agenda to establish sustainable peace in the sub-continent.
"Establishing lasting peace and to consolidate the reconciliation process is PDP`s top agenda," he said, adding, that the party would continue its effort to normalise relations with Pakistan.
He also claimed that it was the result of PDP`s reconciliatory policies that there was complete peace and normalcy on the border from Kathua to Kargil during its regime and regretted the present government`s failure to carry forward that peace agenda in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das