PDP`s message to spread peace, tranquility in J&K: Mufti
Jammu: Exhorting its activists to work for strengthening secular fabric in Jammu and Kashmir, the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Monday said the biggest message of the party was to spread "peace, amity and tranquility" in the region.
"The biggest message of this party was to spread peace, amity and tranquility in this region. PDP has not only strengthened relations among different regions and sub-regions of the state but also facilitated peace in the sub-continent," former chief minister and PDP patron, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed told reporters here.
He said his party has pioneered a political and economic agenda to establish sustainable peace in the sub-continent.
"Establishing lasting peace and to consolidate the reconciliation process is PDP`s top agenda," he said, adding, that the party would continue its effort to normalise relations with Pakistan.
He also claimed that it was the result of PDP`s reconciliatory policies that there was complete peace and normalcy on the border from Kathua to Kargil during its regime and regretted the present government`s failure to carry forward that peace agenda in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days