PDP`s roadmap is state`s viable, practical solution: Mufti
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed today said that the PDP has earned faith and credibility of the people of Jammu and Kashmir through its convictions and commitments.
"PDP has earned faith and credibility of the residents of Jammu and Kashmir through its convictions and commitments", he said while addressing a function welcoming Choudhary Najib Ullah, state general secretary of the BSP and former president of Pradesh Youth Congress Mirza Muzaffar Beg to the party, who joined along with hundreds of their supporters today.
"Getting power is not the only agenda of PDP, our party wants to change people`s destiny and establish a system of justice and equality in the state," Sayeed said.
"PDP has emerged as a strong and genuine voice of the people of Jammu and Kashmir and its our biggest achievement," he said asserting that the PDP has challenged the hegemony of National Conference (NC) by providing an alternative to the people.
"It was the result of our convictions that successive governments at New Delhi had supported whatever steps we had taken during our tenure," he said and reminded that both NDA as well as UPA governments endorsed PDP`s views on Kashmir.
"Our party, through its pro-peace policies, has consolidated reconciliation process and facilitated efforts of establishing lasting peace in this region," Sayeed said, but regretted that the present regime has derailed the whole process of peace and development.
"Today`s chaos and instability is outcome of wrong policies of the present regime", he alleged.
Speaking on the occasion, Choudhary Najib Ullah and Muzaffar Beg said, they joined PDP due to the party`s policies and programmes.
The visionary agenda of PDP was the only practical and viable solution of all problems of the state, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video