People clash with police to protest Mirwaiz`s house arrest
Srinagar: People hurled stones at a security forces bunker here on Sunday to protest the house arrest of moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq.
"Some miscreants pelted stones on a security forces bunker at Saraf Kadal in downtown Srinagar this afternoon. Exercising maximum restraint, the miscreants were chased away," a police spokesman said.
No one was injured in the clash, he said.
Later, the situation was brought under control and traffic movement restored on the road, the spokesman said.
Restrictions were placed on the movement of the Mirwaiz and three other executive members of Hurriyat Conference - Shabir Ahmad Shah, Abdul Gani Bhhat and Bilal Gani Lone on Friday morning.
One person had been injured in the Friday clash between youth and police personnel following Farooq`s house arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test