Perform or quit, angry Omar to medics after infants` death
Jammu: Expressing anguish over the death of two children due to alleged negligence in a Baramulla hospital, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday warned the medics to quit if they cannot perform even after getting all the facilities by the state government.
"We have given them salaries--benefits of 6th Pay commission and others--even after taking all these benefits, if you (medics) do not want to perform, then I am sorry you have no right to be in this job," Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said here.
"If I had not given generator to save some money, best of the best machines and hospital building besides generators --then I was to be blamed," Omar said during a function of medical camp here.
Omar claimed that best machines were installed in the hospital a month ago while the nurses were even sent to training to New Delhi to handle them.
Two generators were also installed for supply of power due to winters, he said.
"It is matter of anguish that both the infants died due to cold even though the hospitals have been provided with generators and staff given specialised training," the chief minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations