Photo exhibition for flood hit Ladakh
New Delhi: A three day photo exhibition
featuring the works of some of the prominent photographers of
the country was inaugurated here to raise funds for the flood
ravaged victims of Ladakh.
Ace lensmen Samar Jodha, Prabir Purkayastha, Amit
Pasricha and Rohit Chawla were among those who showcased their
priced collection, the proceeds from which would go to the
relief and rehabilitation of the victims of flood ravaged Leh.
The exhibition is part of an initiative launched by
Religare Art and NDTV lifestyle foundation to help the
cloudburst victims of Ladakh.
Some of the most picturesque scenes captured in frames
over the years were on display at the event. While images of
the scenic beauty Ladakh as well as of its people captured in
frames dominated the space, a few random works from
photographers collection also found a place at the exhibition.
"Ladakh is every photographer`s dream, a source of
inspiration for so many since many years now. Though I had
been to Ladakh many years back, as you can see from the
pictures, its every photographer`s delight", celebrated
photographer Rohit Chawla said.
Whether it is the snowclad and misty mountains of
Ladakh in different shades, little monks clad in red robes,
little houses clustered together on a hill top, a lonely man
standing in front of his broken house or the breathtaking
aerial view of the Arabian sea baring its ribs, each image has
a different story to tell that intrigues and delights the
onlookers at once.
"Around 80 works by 35 artistes are on display. While
there are other works too, 95 per cent of the work centres
around Ladakh," says, Mukesh Panika, Director Religare Art.
The three day exhibition that will be on display at
the gallery here till September 5 is scheduled to travel to
other cities around the country to raise funds for the cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic