Physiotherapists protest for 36th day in Jammu, 12 detained
Jammu: As the protest of 150 unemployed
physiotherapists, demanding jobs in the health department,
entered its 36th day, the group clashed with the police
leading to the detention of 12 of them, officials said on Tuesday.
Over 150 unemployed physiotherapists, under the banner
of Jammu and Kashmir Physiotherapists Association, surrounded
the Divisional Commissioner`s office and blocked roads in
support of their demand, they added.
Police rushed to the spot and asked them to remove the
blockade, they said, adding, the group later clashed with the
police, who in return resorted to mild cane charge and
Twelve members of the JKPA were detained and later
released after three hours, they said, adding no one was
injured in the cane charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli