Physiotherapists protest for 36th day in Jammu, 12 detained
Jammu: As the protest of 150 unemployed
physiotherapists, demanding jobs in the health department,
entered its 36th day, the group clashed with the police
leading to the detention of 12 of them, officials said on Tuesday.
Over 150 unemployed physiotherapists, under the banner
of Jammu and Kashmir Physiotherapists Association, surrounded
the Divisional Commissioner`s office and blocked roads in
support of their demand, they added.
Police rushed to the spot and asked them to remove the
blockade, they said, adding, the group later clashed with the
police, who in return resorted to mild cane charge and
Twelve members of the JKPA were detained and later
released after three hours, they said, adding no one was
injured in the cane charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security