Physiotherapists protest for 36th day in Jammu, 12 detained
Jammu: As the protest of 150 unemployed
physiotherapists, demanding jobs in the health department,
entered its 36th day, the group clashed with the police
leading to the detention of 12 of them, officials said on Tuesday.
Over 150 unemployed physiotherapists, under the banner
of Jammu and Kashmir Physiotherapists Association, surrounded
the Divisional Commissioner`s office and blocked roads in
support of their demand, they added.
Police rushed to the spot and asked them to remove the
blockade, they said, adding, the group later clashed with the
police, who in return resorted to mild cane charge and
Twelve members of the JKPA were detained and later
released after three hours, they said, adding no one was
injured in the cane charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir