Physiotherapists protest for 36th day in Jammu, 12 detained
Jammu: As the protest of 150 unemployed
physiotherapists, demanding jobs in the health department,
entered its 36th day, the group clashed with the police
leading to the detention of 12 of them, officials said on Tuesday.
Over 150 unemployed physiotherapists, under the banner
of Jammu and Kashmir Physiotherapists Association, surrounded
the Divisional Commissioner`s office and blocked roads in
support of their demand, they added.
Police rushed to the spot and asked them to remove the
blockade, they said, adding, the group later clashed with the
police, who in return resorted to mild cane charge and
Twelve members of the JKPA were detained and later
released after three hours, they said, adding no one was
injured in the cane charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra