Physiotherapists protest for 36th day in Jammu, 12 detained
Jammu: As the protest of 150 unemployed
physiotherapists, demanding jobs in the health department,
entered its 36th day, the group clashed with the police
leading to the detention of 12 of them, officials said on Tuesday.
Over 150 unemployed physiotherapists, under the banner
of Jammu and Kashmir Physiotherapists Association, surrounded
the Divisional Commissioner`s office and blocked roads in
support of their demand, they added.
Police rushed to the spot and asked them to remove the
blockade, they said, adding, the group later clashed with the
police, who in return resorted to mild cane charge and
Twelve members of the JKPA were detained and later
released after three hours, they said, adding no one was
injured in the cane charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores