Pilgrim count at Amarnath cave crosses two lakh mark on Sunday
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: More than two lakh devotees have paid their obeisance at the holy Amarnath cave shrine in Jammu and Kashmir, reports said on Sunday.
A record number of 2,11,884 pilgrims paid obeisance at the holy ice lingum of Lord Shiva at Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas till today, the oficial spokesman said.
The pilgrimage, which started on June 28, witnessed a record number of 15,444 pilgrims today who performed darshan of the ice lingam at the holy cave, he said.
With sufficient improvement in weather condition in the yatra area, the yatris who travelled towards the holy cave today from Baltal and Chandanwari as well as the yatris who had to stay at intermediate camps yesterday, paid darshan at the holy cave today, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday