Pilgrim dies en route Amarnath shrine, death toll mounts to 14
Srinagar: A 65-year-old pilgrim died after suffering cardiac arrest en route Amarnath shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas on Wednesday, taking the death toll in the ongoing pilgrimage to 14.
Dharam Raj (65), a resident of Ahmadnagar in Gujarat, died of cardiac arrest at Panjtarni along the traditional 45-km Pahalgam-cave route, the officials said.
With his death, a total of 14 pilgrims have died since the beginning of the 44-day yatra.
The yatra to the 3,880 metre high holy cave, housing the naturally formed ice-`shivlingam`, commenced on June 28 and so far over 1.55 lakh pilgrims had offered prayers at the shrine.
- Indian man hacks Dawood Ibrahim's call details, plans to give many secret details to PM Modi
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...