Pilgrim rush to Vaishno Devi touches all-time high
Katra: Obliterating all previous records,
over 80 lakh pilgirms visited the holy cave shrine of Vaishno
Devi, nestled in Trikuta hills in Jammu and Kashmir, this
"A new milestone has been set. Over 80 lakh pilgrims
visited the shrine till December 25 this year, surpassing all
previous records," an Additional Chief Executive Officer of
the Vaishno Devi Shrine Board said.
Till today, a total of 80,30,807 devotees had paid
obeisance at the shrine which was 12.85 lakh more than the
previous year, Mandeep Bandari told PTI.
In 2007, as many as 74.17 lakh worshippers had offered
prayers at the revered shrine, he said.
The dip in the pilgrim flow last year, which saw 67.5
lakh devotees visiting the shrine, was due to the two-month
long Amarnath land row in the state.
In 2006, the pilgrim turnout was 69.5 lakh and in `05
it was 67.83 lakh, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi