Pilgrim rush to Vaishno Devi touches all-time high
Katra: Obliterating all previous records,
over 80 lakh pilgirms visited the holy cave shrine of Vaishno
Devi, nestled in Trikuta hills in Jammu and Kashmir, this
"A new milestone has been set. Over 80 lakh pilgrims
visited the shrine till December 25 this year, surpassing all
previous records," an Additional Chief Executive Officer of
the Vaishno Devi Shrine Board said.
Till today, a total of 80,30,807 devotees had paid
obeisance at the shrine which was 12.85 lakh more than the
previous year, Mandeep Bandari told PTI.
In 2007, as many as 74.17 lakh worshippers had offered
prayers at the revered shrine, he said.
The dip in the pilgrim flow last year, which saw 67.5
lakh devotees visiting the shrine, was due to the two-month
long Amarnath land row in the state.
In 2006, the pilgrim turnout was 69.5 lakh and in `05
it was 67.83 lakh, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi