Pilgrims need registration to avoid inconvenience: SASB
Srinagar: Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) on Wednesday cautioned intending pilgrims against reaching the Baltal and Pahalgam base camps without registration even as all arrangements for this year`s pilgrimage to the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas will be completed tomorrow.
"All intending pilgrims are advised against reaching Baltal or Pahalgam without first obtaining a valid registration permit as, otherwise, they would face avoidable difficulties and inconvenience," Chief Executive Officer of SASB Navin K Choudhary said in a statement.
Choudhary said all the arrangements for the yatra, which is scheduled to begin on Friday, will be completed by tomorrow.
This year the SASB had opened 422 registration counters across the country against 174 last year, he said.
"This year registration was commenced three months in advance of the Yatra to ensure that every intending pilgrim could timely go through the process," the CEO added.
Choudhary said any pilgrim who arrives in Jammu without valid registration should proceed to Vaishnavi Dham and Saraswati Dham at Railhead Jammu and Jammu Haat in Jammu city, after obtaining a compulsory health certificate from a notified doctor or medical institution.
They can then go to the counters in the aforesaid complexes for securing registration, he said.
"Those pilgrims who reach Srinagar without registration should go to the Tourist Reception Centre (TRC), Srinagar for seeking registration after obtaining compulsory health certificate," he added.
The CEO said as per the Special High Powered Committee recommendations, which have been endorsed by the Supreme Court, the district administration is bound to stop all those pilgrims who attempt to undertake the Yatra without valid registration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark