PM announces upgradation of KV school in Uri
Srinagar: In an impromptu decision, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today announced upgrading of Kendriya Vidyalaya School in Uri area of Jammu and Kashmir to higher secondary level.
The PM`s announcement came in response to a demand put forth by the local residents to this effect. "Modi announced the upgradation of local KV school from high school to higher secondary level after inaugurating the 240-MW Uri-II power project," an official spokesman said.
The spokesman said admission for the higher secondary level of classes would be started from the coming session.
Addressing the gathering, Modi said J and K is on the path of development and progress, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof