The Prime Minister after making the poll pitch and assuring the state of development, concludes his speech with chants of 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai'
Mentioning the work done by him in Gujarat, Modi says "If 'vikas' can take place in Kutch, it can also take place in Poonch."
Give BJP full majority, I will promise you full development, Modi says.
Making a poll pitch once again in his address, Modi appeal to the people of Jammu and Kashmir to give full majority to BJP in the state.
Talking on the need for proper sanitation facility at home, Modi says women of our country go far, risking their lives to find a toilet. "Women of our should be provided with proper sanitation facility. Women of our country should be treated with respect."
If the funds, in the last 50 years, Centre sent to Kashmir would've reached the people here, "you would've been one of the richest people," the PM points.
Touching on the issue of development, Modi, in a veiled attack at the National Conference government, says, "Centre sanctioned crores of rupees for the development of the people, but you were not benefited."
In the Lok Sabha election, the people of Jammu and Kashmir showed the country they wanted change by pressing on the BJP button.
"The Jammu and Kashmir elections will have a its special place in the history of Indian elections"
The Prime Minister, using his flair of public speaking to good use, says that the Assembly election will be remembered for Jammu and Kashmir
Talking about the devastating floods in the state, Modi says "I'm the kind of PM who understand the pain of the people."
"I came here in 2014, will come in 2015 as well, whenever I have come, I have come with a message of development," PM says
- Like in Udhampur, in Poonch Modi tells that he has visited the state each month since assuming office.
- The PM makes poll pitch in Poonch amid border encounter asking the attendees to give full majority to the BJP in the ongoing polls in the state.
- Modi begins by asking how long it takes to travel from Delhi to Jammu and Kashmir, and points that it takes only 24 hours to reach Poonch but it has taken 40 years since last Prime Minister to come to Poonch. The last one to come was Morarji Desai.
- Now PM Modi addresses rally in Poonch
- PM concludes his speech amid chants of Vande Mantram, Jai Hind
- Give BJP a clear mandate, we will fulfill all your dreams: PM
- The entire world has got the message, they know what is in the heart of the people of J&K: PM
- Terrorists are panicking because the people of J&K are determined to change their destiny through democratic ways : PM
- People have rejected the bullet and shown the strength of the ballot: Modi
- It is a victory of democracy: PM
- I thank the people of J&K for such a high turnout in the 1st phase.PM
- The way voting has happened, I congratulate people of JK. They made democracy win: PM
- It was Atal ji who dreamt of bringing railways here & it is us who are working to fulfil this dream: PM
- There is no solution apart from development: PM
- Development has been stuck in Jammu and Kashmir for 30 years: PM
- We want to promote tourism in this state: PM Modi on providing employment to youth.
- We are working towards giving our youth more jobs: Narendra Modi
- Youngsters in J&K are looking for employment. not freebies: PM
- I want to tell the men in uniform, the government that'll be formed this time in J&K will understand your needs: PM
- The kind of tension which security forces face in J&K is not faced by anyone posted elsewhere: PM.
- I will accomplish in 5 years what hasn't been done in the past 30 years, says PM .
- We have decided there should be no shortage of funds for J&K but we will make sure where this money is going: PM
- Be it Congress, NC & PDP....the people are aware of everything: Modi
- I have tightened all the screws to make sure funds reaching J&K shouldn't be misused: PM
- This is the reason those in government and those in opposition are criticizing me. I have stopped their strategy to loot together: PM
- Corruption, loot and emotional blackmailing has been a habit of leaders here: PM Modi .
- Rajiv Gandhi once said money released by Delhi never reaches the real beneficiaries, where did that money go? asks PM
- I did not waste a second when there was a flood in the state: PM
- I have also come here to wipe your tears: PM
- I have come here with the aim of development: PM
- I did not do that for gathering votes, politics: PM
- I decided to spend Diwali with people who suffered the floods: PM
- Every month I have come here, there has been no PM who has visited J&K so often : PM
- No other PM has visited J&K as frequently as me: PM
- I can see people and more people wherever I am seeing: PM Modi
- PM Modi begins addressing the BJP rally here
- PM Modi arrives in Udhampur
More than 40,000 people came to hear Modi in the mountainous Kishtwar town on November 22 before the first phase of Assembly elections on November 25 and party had expecting a heavy turnout for today's rallies of the PM..
The second phase of polling will take place on December 2.
Surankote, Mendhar and Poonch Haveli constituencies in Poonch district, Ramnagar, Chenani and Udhampur in Udhampur district and Gulabgarh, Reasi, and Gool Arnas in Reasi district are going to poll.
In the Kashmir Valley, the constituencies going to poll include Devsar, Noorabad, Homeshalibugh and Kulgam in Kulgam district and Handwara, Kupwara, Karnah, Lolab and Langate in Kupwara district.
An unprecedented 70 percent voter turnout was witnessed in the first phase of elections.
Meanwhile, elaborate security arrangements have been made and an alert has been sounded in the region ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit in the wake of an encounter in which three Army personnel and as many militants were killed on Thursday.