Jammu: Projecting BJP as a fresh alternative to other parties which have ruled Jammu and Kashmir, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday urged voters to dump the "three offenders"-- National Conference, PDP and Congress--in the Assembly polls for a better life.
Here are the live updates:
- PM concludes his speech.
- The Prime Minister says the entire world is now accepting India's status as a powerful nation.
- Is the entire world now talking about India? It is not an easy thing that within six months, the entire world accepts the power of our country. This is not happening due to Modi. This is happening due to you, Modi exhorts.
- I have come here to seek your votes for development as the state needs roads, schools, water, hospitals, PM Modi asserts
- Every world leader is talking about J&K elections and the reason is huge voter turnout, says PM Modi
- People are surprised with such a huge turnout in J&K elections. You all sent across a great message, PM Modi tells crowd
- The BJP-led NDA government scrapped the law that punished people who tried to commit suicide, says PM Modi
- The BJP star campaigner asks the crowd: Isn't it a matter of pride for us that the world decided to celebrate International Day of Yoga. The mass gathering replies with a huge 'Yes'.
- "If you punish these political parties once, they will realise their mistakes. Has BJP ever formed the government in Jammu and Kashmir? Did we ever commit any mistake? Don't you know who are the first, second and third offenders," Modi asked the people who cheered back in response.
- PM Modi blames Congress, NC and PDP for the problems in J&K, asks people to punish all "three offenders" in the ongoing elections.
- PM Modi accuses the Congress of backstabbing the political parties in J&K during elections.
- PM Modi attacks Congress, says it joins PDP, NC govts and gets all advantage but attacks them when polls come.
- Modi attacks Congress says the grand old party has always been a part of every government formed in J&K.
- The PM asks the gathering: Are there no more sons and daughters in J&K? Will only one father-son and father-daughter run the governments here? Do you have to always remain in their tangle? Don't look at those father-son, father-daughter duos. Look at your own sons and daughters. Herein lies your benefit.
- Dynastic politics can never become the voice of the people, PM Modi in J&K
- PM Modi says, In a democracy governments are made for the well-being of people and to hear their voices.
- I am addressing the rally from a place where Pakistan in on the other side but here there are fearless people who are facing bullets on a daily basis.
- In every part of J&K I have got to meet several people. I am happy to receive your blessings in such large numbers, says PM
- The happiness on your faces is making me very happy. Your dreams are coming alive and this is making me very happy, says PM
- Besides the Kathua rally, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) star campaigner will be addressing another poll rally in Rajouri district today.
This is Modi`s fourth poll campaign visit to J&K and his ninth visit to Jammu and Kashmir since he took over as the Prime Minister.
20 Assembly constituencies in the three districts of Jammu, Kathua and Rajouri go to poll in the fifth and final phase of the J&K assembly elections on Dec 20.
The results will be declared on December 23.