‘PM panel report does not address cause of Kashmiri pandits’
Jammu: Panun Kashmir (PK), an organisation
of displaced Kashmiri pandits, today rejected the Sagir Ahmed
report on the "Centre-State relations", and protested against
it saying recommendations in the report do not address the
cause of Kashmiri pandits.
Over 300-400 activists of the organisation held
demonstrations here against the report submitted to the Jammu
and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on December 23.
The activists alleged the recommendations do not address
the issues of Kashmiri pandits who have been forced out from
the valley by the Islamic fundamentalists.
"The report of the Prime Minister`s working group on
Centre-State relations headed by former Chief Justice of Jammu
and Kashmir High Court Justice Sagir Ahmed is manipulated and
is against the wishes of nationalist people of Jammu Dogras,
Ladakhi Buddhist, Gujjars and Kashmiri pandits," PK president
Ashwani Chrungoo told reporters.
"The report is illogical, unrealistic, biased and
anti-Kashmiri pandits," he said during the demonstration where
the activists shouted slogans against the recommendations in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand