‘PM panel report does not address cause of Kashmiri pandits’
Jammu: Panun Kashmir (PK), an organisation
of displaced Kashmiri pandits, today rejected the Sagir Ahmed
report on the "Centre-State relations", and protested against
it saying recommendations in the report do not address the
cause of Kashmiri pandits.
Over 300-400 activists of the organisation held
demonstrations here against the report submitted to the Jammu
and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on December 23.
The activists alleged the recommendations do not address
the issues of Kashmiri pandits who have been forced out from
the valley by the Islamic fundamentalists.
"The report of the Prime Minister`s working group on
Centre-State relations headed by former Chief Justice of Jammu
and Kashmir High Court Justice Sagir Ahmed is manipulated and
is against the wishes of nationalist people of Jammu Dogras,
Ladakhi Buddhist, Gujjars and Kashmiri pandits," PK president
Ashwani Chrungoo told reporters.
"The report is illogical, unrealistic, biased and
anti-Kashmiri pandits," he said during the demonstration where
the activists shouted slogans against the recommendations in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price