PM to dedicate to the nation 2 hydel projects in J&K on Tuesday
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation two hydel power projects in Leh and Kargil in Jammu & Kashmir on Tuesday.
"These projects are the 44 MW Chutak hydro-electric project in Kargil district and the 45 MW Nimoo Bazgo project in Leh district," an official statement said.
Modi would also lay foundation stone for the first power transmission line from Leh to Kargil and Kargil to Srinagar.
The 45 MW Nimoo-Bazgo hydro-electric project is a run-of- the-river scheme to harness the potential of river Indus in the state. The project is designed to generate 239 million units of energy.
The Nimoo Bazgo power station is located on river Indus in Leh district of the state and has an installed capacity of 45 MW (3x15 MW).
The approval for the project was accorded at an estimated cost of Rs 611 crore. However, on account of escalation, statutory charges and higher cost of award, project cost has now been revised to Rs 985 crore.
State-run Power Grid Corporation of India is implementing the Leh-Kargil-Srinagar Transmission System for connectivity with Northern Region Grid for meeting demands of the Ladakh region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam