PM to visit Leh on Tuesday
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will on Tuesday visit devastated Leh in Jammu and Kashmir that was hit by flash floods caused by a cloudburst, an official said here on Sunday.
"The PM will undertake a day-long visit to Leh on Tuesday," an official in the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) told a news agency.
Flash floods wreaked havoc in Leh in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region August 6, killing at least 183 people, including five foreigners, while 200 people are still missing.
Officials said the places the Prime Minister is to visit have not been finalised, but sources said he would meet the injured in the hospital and also review the relief and rehabilitation measures.
In his Independence Day speech Sunday, the prime minister condoled the deaths and said the government "will do everything" possible for the rehabilitation of the affected people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum