PM to visit Leh on Tuesday
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will on Tuesday visit devastated Leh in Jammu and Kashmir that was hit by flash floods caused by a cloudburst, an official said here on Sunday.
"The PM will undertake a day-long visit to Leh on Tuesday," an official in the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) told a news agency.
Flash floods wreaked havoc in Leh in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region August 6, killing at least 183 people, including five foreigners, while 200 people are still missing.
Officials said the places the Prime Minister is to visit have not been finalised, but sources said he would meet the injured in the hospital and also review the relief and rehabilitation measures.
In his Independence Day speech Sunday, the prime minister condoled the deaths and said the government "will do everything" possible for the rehabilitation of the affected people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?