PM to visit Leh on Tuesday
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will on Tuesday visit devastated Leh in Jammu and Kashmir that was hit by flash floods caused by a cloudburst, an official said here on Sunday.
"The PM will undertake a day-long visit to Leh on Tuesday," an official in the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) told a news agency.
Flash floods wreaked havoc in Leh in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region August 6, killing at least 183 people, including five foreigners, while 200 people are still missing.
Officials said the places the Prime Minister is to visit have not been finalised, but sources said he would meet the injured in the hospital and also review the relief and rehabilitation measures.
In his Independence Day speech Sunday, the prime minister condoled the deaths and said the government "will do everything" possible for the rehabilitation of the affected people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack