PM`s advisor reviews security in J&K
Jammu: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s advisor TKA Nair on Thursday stressed the need to increase vigil on the borders of Jammu and Kashmir and deal strictly with militants active in the hinterland.
Nair, who is on a three-day-visit of the state, expressed his concern at meetings held with Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, sources said. Nair arrived in Jammu from Srinagar Thursday morning.
Official sources said that Nair, who also held meetings with the senior officials of the state government, was keen to learn details of security in the state. He also elicited information on the preparedness of the state administration to ensure a trouble-free summer.
Omar Abdullah, it is learnt, spoke of the situation in the state after the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Nair also briefed the governor about his two days in the valley, a spokesperson of Raj Bhavan said in a release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?