PM`s advisor reviews security in J&K
Jammu: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s advisor TKA Nair on Thursday stressed the need to increase vigil on the borders of Jammu and Kashmir and deal strictly with militants active in the hinterland.
Nair, who is on a three-day-visit of the state, expressed his concern at meetings held with Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, sources said. Nair arrived in Jammu from Srinagar Thursday morning.
Official sources said that Nair, who also held meetings with the senior officials of the state government, was keen to learn details of security in the state. He also elicited information on the preparedness of the state administration to ensure a trouble-free summer.
Omar Abdullah, it is learnt, spoke of the situation in the state after the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Nair also briefed the governor about his two days in the valley, a spokesperson of Raj Bhavan said in a release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened