PM`s Kishtwar visit highly disappointing: BJP
Jammu: The BJP on Wednesday termed as "highly disappointing" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Kishtwar in Jammu region, saying he added insult to the injuries of the quake-hit people by denying them the much-awaited relief.
"The PM`s Kishtwar visit was highly disappointing. Instead of applying balm over the sufferings of recent earthquake victims, he only added insult to injury by denying the people of the region the much-awaited earthquake relief grant that was expected from him," party`s state chief spokesperson and national executive member Jatendra Singh said.
The Prime Minister and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi along with Chief Minister Omar Abdullah were in Kishtwar yesterday to inaugurate the Ratle Hydroelectric Power Project.
"It was expected of the PM that he would use this visit as an opportunity to announce special relief for people of Kishtwar and Doda districts," Singh said, adding that the function organised by the government seemed more like "Congress affair".
The BJP leader was also critical of Omar for his failure to obtain any commitment for a definite percentage of power generated from the Ratle Project to be reserved for exclusive use by district Kishtwar and the surrounding areas where the project is located.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living