PoK national dies at brother`s house in Poonch
Poonch: A 74-year-old resident of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), who had come to this side of Kashmir to meet his brother, died due to illness at a hospital here on Saturday.
Shaker Din, a resident of Tholar Colony, PoK fell ill at his brother Akbar Din`s house in Mendhar belt of Poonch district, officials said.
He was admitted to a hospital where breathed his last.
Shaker had come on a permit for Cross-LoC bus service to meet his brother on June 2 and was scheduled to return on July 14.
His body is being sent to PoK and will be handed over to Pakistan Army at Chakan-Da-Bagh LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional