PoK, Pak refugees have occupied 5,808 acres of land in J&K
Jammu: Refugees of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) and West Pakistan have occupied 5,808 acres (46,466 kanals) of land in Jammu and Kashmir since their migration to this side of LoC.
"These families (of PoK and West Pak refugees) occupied 5,808.25 acres (46,466 kanals) of land and since then they continue to occupy such land," Minister of State for Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation Ajaz Ahmed Khan told the Legislative Council today.
The minister was replying to a clubbed Calling Attention Notice by Congress members Ravinder Kumar Sharma, Naresh Kumar Gupta and B R Kundal.
He said that the state government had constituted a Committee, under the chairmanship of G D Wadhwa for examining the demands of refugees, which had submitted its report which is under consideration before the Cabinet Sub-Committee (CSC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India