PoK, Pak refugees have occupied 5,808 acres of land in J&K
Jammu: Refugees of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) and West Pakistan have occupied 5,808 acres (46,466 kanals) of land in Jammu and Kashmir since their migration to this side of LoC.
"These families (of PoK and West Pak refugees) occupied 5,808.25 acres (46,466 kanals) of land and since then they continue to occupy such land," Minister of State for Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation Ajaz Ahmed Khan told the Legislative Council today.
The minister was replying to a clubbed Calling Attention Notice by Congress members Ravinder Kumar Sharma, Naresh Kumar Gupta and B R Kundal.
He said that the state government had constituted a Committee, under the chairmanship of G D Wadhwa for examining the demands of refugees, which had submitted its report which is under consideration before the Cabinet Sub-Committee (CSC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves