PoK refugees court arrest for rehabilitation packa
Jammu: Pakistan-occupied Kashmir refugees on Thursday courted arrest during a demonstration here, demanding Rs 1,700 crore rehabilitation package from the government.
Raising anti-government slogans, over 80 refugees from PoK assembled at Mubarak Mandi Complex in Panjtirthi area of the old city and demanded urgent granting of the one-time settlement package for refugees.
They threatened to launch a major agitation if the rehabilitation package was not approved by the government by August 15.
"We are fed up with the union and the state governments for their failure to ensure our package. If the government fails to ensure the approval of our one time rehabilitation package by August 15, we will launch a major agitation in Jammu," PoK refugees Front (POKRF) General Secretary Rachhpal Singh Chib told reporter here.
He said the state government had submitted a proposal to the Centre in this regard, but it has not been approved by the union government till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed