PoK refugees court arrest for rehabilitation packa
Jammu: Pakistan-occupied Kashmir refugees on Thursday courted arrest during a demonstration here, demanding Rs 1,700 crore rehabilitation package from the government.
Raising anti-government slogans, over 80 refugees from PoK assembled at Mubarak Mandi Complex in Panjtirthi area of the old city and demanded urgent granting of the one-time settlement package for refugees.
They threatened to launch a major agitation if the rehabilitation package was not approved by the government by August 15.
"We are fed up with the union and the state governments for their failure to ensure our package. If the government fails to ensure the approval of our one time rehabilitation package by August 15, we will launch a major agitation in Jammu," PoK refugees Front (POKRF) General Secretary Rachhpal Singh Chib told reporter here.
He said the state government had submitted a proposal to the Centre in this regard, but it has not been approved by the union government till date.
- Bring back Kohinoor, gift it to Jagannath Temple: BJD MP
- Rajya Sabha names 33 Congress members for disrupting house
- Spanish police arrest 4 accused of promoting Islamist militancy
- LeEco Le 1s Eco launched in India at Rs 10,899
- Turkish military returns fire into Syria after rockets hit border town again - security sources