PoK refugees demand abrogation of Article 370
Jammu: Refugees of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) on Friday demanded abrogation of Article 370, saying it "is the biggest hurdle" in their rehabilitation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Led by PoK Refugee Front president Yudhvir Singh Chib, more than 1,000 people took out a protest march in the city.
"We want abrogation of Article 370. It is the biggest hurdle in the rehabilitation of the community, which is being neglected by successive governments in Jammu and Kashmir," Chib said.
The refugees displaced in l947 have been seeking redressal of their grievances, but nothing has been done so far by both the state and central governments, he said.
The refugees` demands included financial assistance, reservation for their wards in education and government jobs, regulation of refugee localities, reservation in state assembly, and registration of left-out families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic