PoK refugees demand abrogation of Article 370
Jammu: Refugees of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) on Friday demanded abrogation of Article 370, saying it "is the biggest hurdle" in their rehabilitation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Led by PoK Refugee Front president Yudhvir Singh Chib, more than 1,000 people took out a protest march in the city.
"We want abrogation of Article 370. It is the biggest hurdle in the rehabilitation of the community, which is being neglected by successive governments in Jammu and Kashmir," Chib said.
The refugees displaced in l947 have been seeking redressal of their grievances, but nothing has been done so far by both the state and central governments, he said.
The refugees` demands included financial assistance, reservation for their wards in education and government jobs, regulation of refugee localities, reservation in state assembly, and registration of left-out families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet