PoK refugees demand abrogation of Article 370
Jammu: Refugees of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) on Friday demanded abrogation of Article 370, saying it "is the biggest hurdle" in their rehabilitation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Led by PoK Refugee Front president Yudhvir Singh Chib, more than 1,000 people took out a protest march in the city.
"We want abrogation of Article 370. It is the biggest hurdle in the rehabilitation of the community, which is being neglected by successive governments in Jammu and Kashmir," Chib said.
The refugees displaced in l947 have been seeking redressal of their grievances, but nothing has been done so far by both the state and central governments, he said.
The refugees` demands included financial assistance, reservation for their wards in education and government jobs, regulation of refugee localities, reservation in state assembly, and registration of left-out families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'