PoK refugees demand abrogation of Article 370
Jammu: Refugees of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) on Friday demanded abrogation of Article 370, saying it "is the biggest hurdle" in their rehabilitation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Led by PoK Refugee Front president Yudhvir Singh Chib, more than 1,000 people took out a protest march in the city.
"We want abrogation of Article 370. It is the biggest hurdle in the rehabilitation of the community, which is being neglected by successive governments in Jammu and Kashmir," Chib said.
The refugees displaced in l947 have been seeking redressal of their grievances, but nothing has been done so far by both the state and central governments, he said.
The refugees` demands included financial assistance, reservation for their wards in education and government jobs, regulation of refugee localities, reservation in state assembly, and registration of left-out families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured