PoK refugees demand abrogation of Article 370
Jammu: Refugees of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) on Friday demanded abrogation of Article 370, saying it "is the biggest hurdle" in their rehabilitation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Led by PoK Refugee Front president Yudhvir Singh Chib, more than 1,000 people took out a protest march in the city.
"We want abrogation of Article 370. It is the biggest hurdle in the rehabilitation of the community, which is being neglected by successive governments in Jammu and Kashmir," Chib said.
The refugees displaced in l947 have been seeking redressal of their grievances, but nothing has been done so far by both the state and central governments, he said.
The refugees` demands included financial assistance, reservation for their wards in education and government jobs, regulation of refugee localities, reservation in state assembly, and registration of left-out families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur