PoK refugees stage protest in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistan-occupied Kashmir refugees on Friday courted arrest during a demonstration here, demanding Rs 1,700 crore rehabilitation package from the government.
Raising anti-government slogans, the refugees from PoK assembled at Mubarak Mandi Complex in Panjtirthi area of the old city and demanded urgent granting of the one-time settlement package for refugees.
Carrying placards, over 90 refugees of 1947, 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pak wars courted arrest.
The state government had submitted a proposal to the Centre but it has "not been approved" by the union government till date, PoK Refugees Front (POKRF) General Secretary Rachhpal Singh Chib said.
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan