PoK refugees to Court arrest on Saturday
Jammu: In the purview of the revised Rehabilitation package submitted to the Central government by the J&K Government, refugees of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) will court arrest here on Saturday to press for their demands under the Rs 1700 crore package.
"The refugees of PoK of 1947, 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pak wars will assemble at the historical erstwhile Dogra power-centre of Mubarak Mandi Complex in Jammu city and court arrest in support of their demand for grant of revised package of rehabilitation of refugees", PoK Refugees Front (POKRF) General Secretary Rachhpal Singh Chib told the media here.
The state government had submitted a proposal for the package to Union Minister P Chidambaran during his visit here last month and it has not been approved till date, he said.
"We want one-time settlement of our demands...It has been dumped. This amply exhibits the biased and indifferent attitude of the Central and State governments towards PoK refugees and West Pakistan refugees", he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram