PoK refugees to Court arrest on Saturday
Jammu: In the purview of the revised Rehabilitation package submitted to the Central government by the J&K Government, refugees of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) will court arrest here on Saturday to press for their demands under the Rs 1700 crore package.
"The refugees of PoK of 1947, 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pak wars will assemble at the historical erstwhile Dogra power-centre of Mubarak Mandi Complex in Jammu city and court arrest in support of their demand for grant of revised package of rehabilitation of refugees", PoK Refugees Front (POKRF) General Secretary Rachhpal Singh Chib told the media here.
The state government had submitted a proposal for the package to Union Minister P Chidambaran during his visit here last month and it has not been approved till date, he said.
"We want one-time settlement of our demands...It has been dumped. This amply exhibits the biased and indifferent attitude of the Central and State governments towards PoK refugees and West Pakistan refugees", he asserted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan