PoK refugees to Court arrest on Saturday
Jammu: In the purview of the revised Rehabilitation package submitted to the Central government by the J&K Government, refugees of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) will court arrest here on Saturday to press for their demands under the Rs 1700 crore package.
"The refugees of PoK of 1947, 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pak wars will assemble at the historical erstwhile Dogra power-centre of Mubarak Mandi Complex in Jammu city and court arrest in support of their demand for grant of revised package of rehabilitation of refugees", PoK Refugees Front (POKRF) General Secretary Rachhpal Singh Chib told the media here.
The state government had submitted a proposal for the package to Union Minister P Chidambaran during his visit here last month and it has not been approved till date, he said.
"We want one-time settlement of our demands...It has been dumped. This amply exhibits the biased and indifferent attitude of the Central and State governments towards PoK refugees and West Pakistan refugees", he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert