PoK refugees to Court arrest on Saturday
Jammu: In the purview of the revised Rehabilitation package submitted to the Central government by the J&K Government, refugees of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) will court arrest here on Saturday to press for their demands under the Rs 1700 crore package.
"The refugees of PoK of 1947, 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pak wars will assemble at the historical erstwhile Dogra power-centre of Mubarak Mandi Complex in Jammu city and court arrest in support of their demand for grant of revised package of rehabilitation of refugees", PoK Refugees Front (POKRF) General Secretary Rachhpal Singh Chib told the media here.
The state government had submitted a proposal for the package to Union Minister P Chidambaran during his visit here last month and it has not been approved till date, he said.
"We want one-time settlement of our demands...It has been dumped. This amply exhibits the biased and indifferent attitude of the Central and State governments towards PoK refugees and West Pakistan refugees", he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan