PoK refugees to Court arrest on Saturday
Jammu: In the purview of the revised Rehabilitation package submitted to the Central government by the J&K Government, refugees of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) will court arrest here on Saturday to press for their demands under the Rs 1700 crore package.
"The refugees of PoK of 1947, 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pak wars will assemble at the historical erstwhile Dogra power-centre of Mubarak Mandi Complex in Jammu city and court arrest in support of their demand for grant of revised package of rehabilitation of refugees", PoK Refugees Front (POKRF) General Secretary Rachhpal Singh Chib told the media here.
The state government had submitted a proposal for the package to Union Minister P Chidambaran during his visit here last month and it has not been approved till date, he said.
"We want one-time settlement of our demands...It has been dumped. This amply exhibits the biased and indifferent attitude of the Central and State governments towards PoK refugees and West Pakistan refugees", he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!