PoK returnee arrested
Srinagar: A man, who recently returned from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), has been arrested in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, a police spokesman said on Wednesday.
Abdul Hamid Sheikh was arrested yesterday by a police team in Sheikhpora village in Handwara, some 90-km from here, he said.
Sheikh had illegally exfiltrated to PoK in 1998, the spokesman said without divulging further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit